A Memoir to my Former Self
Running Time 15:00
Behind The Scenes 8:00
A girl is called out on her eating disorder by a girl she never liked. Their unlikely alliance, and eventual friendship, pushes her to deal with it. This film was written by Katrina Garcia from Miami Florida and directed by Jamie Babbitt.
Written by 17 year-old Katrina Garcia from Miami, Florida. Directed by Jamie Babbit (But I’m a Cheerleader), shot by Jules LaBarthe (But I’m a Cheerleader) and produced by Andrea Sperling (D.E.B.S.).
The short film is followed by a behind the scenes look at A Memoir to My Former Self. It includes interviews with Katrina Garcia, director Jamie Babbit, the film crew and Scenarios USA’s co-founders.
- 2004 Miami Contest Winner, Miami, FL
- Aired on Manhatten Neighborhood Network, Showtime, Free Speech TV, Chat The Planet, SNAP TV, Varsity Television, and local public cable channels across the country
- Screened at the Urban Film Series Tour in Washington, DC as part of the 4th annual Black History Month Film and Discussion Series
- Screened at 2005 Cine Las Americas Film Festival, T Tauri Film Festival, Reel Venus Film Festival, Independent’s Film Festival, and Miami Short Film Festival
- Used in school districts across the nation