The Junior Board
The Scenarios USA Junior Board is a group of emerging professionals representing the private, public and civic sectors. Members represent the diversity of the communities they serve and are dedicated to Scenarios’ mission. The Junior Board acts to raise Scenarios’ visibility, expand our networking base, assist in volunteering and fundraising efforts, offer professional expertise and serve as an incubator and sounding board for new concepts and ideas.
- Time Commitment: Attend or participate via telephone, regularly scheduled meetings (minimum attendance of 3 meetings per year); Participate in Junior Board projects and volunteer a minimum of 10 hours per year (A schedule of activities will be determined by the Junior Board as a group, in consultation with Scenarios staff)
- Recruitment: Work with the Scenarios Board of Directors and Staff to encourage young professionals to become involved in volunteer and fundraising activities, with the goal of bringing at least 2 potential Junior Board members to major events; Recruit 1 new member per year for Junior Board
- Event Planning and Fundraising: Plan and implement cultivation and fundraising events to strategically increase Scenarios visibility, e.g., Fall/Spring cultivation events, Media Days, Online/Social Media Campaigns, Special Events Committee as part of the annual Spring Gala, etc.
- Mentoring: Provide mentoring and development to Scenarios youth and alumni, e.g., Youth Gala Weekend, job shadowing, mock interviews, and/or internship opportunities
- Annual Contribution: Meet give-get goal of $300/year; Personal pledges, contributions solicited from others, in-kind donations and purchase of event tickets are all credited to a member’s account; Scenarios will work with members on creating creative fundraising opportunities
- Impact the big picture by supporting a larger movement towards fostering youth leadership, advocacy and self-expression in students around the country with a focus on underserved communities
- Receive mentoring from Scenarios’ Board members to develop board and leadership skills and learn about the organization’s governance
- Engage in film productions, screenings and other Scenarios programming activities
- Establish yourself as a leader in your industry through philanthropic work
- Receive significant professional development outside of the field you work through access to professional development workshops from seasoned professionals
- Hone your expertise by sharing knowledge and applying skills, perspective and experience to Scenarios’ communities and the populations we serve
- Belong to a think-tank of young professionals, challenged to think outside of the box in a dynamic and innovative change-making environment, expanding and diversifying your personal and professional networks through fruitful social and team interaction and events