The Tale of Timmy Two Chins
Running Time: 17:19 mins
Behind the Scenes: 5:50 mins
Timmy wants nothing more than to catch the eye of his high school crush. Teased at school for being “Timmy Two Chins,” his weight makes him feel unmanly and invisible. A big mistake forces him to take a hard look at himself. Being manly and powerful is not about muscles, Timmy realizes, it begins with appreciating himself and the people around him.
The Tale of Timmy Two Chins examines body image, weight issues and gender stereotypes through friendship, family, determination, self-esteem, grief, and peer pressures, including bullying and shaming.
Written by Luis Hernandez when he was a junior at the Brooklyn High School for Collaborative Studies in Brooklyn, NY and directed by Nancy Savoca (True Love and Union Square).
- Aired on NYC Media channel 25
- Aired on mun2
- Aired on Showtime Showcase
- Streamed live from SnagFilms
- Screened at The World Arts Film Festival in Jacksonville, Florida
- Screened at the 2013 LA Shorts Festival
- Screened at the 2013 Cleveland International Film Festival
- Screened at the 2013 Hoboken International Film Festival
- Screened at 2014 BAYMN Film Festival